10 reasons to start lucid dreaming:
1. You can do things that you simply cannot do in waking life. You can fly, you can have super powers, you can walk through walls. You can really do anything you can think of!
2. You can go on wild, mind blowing adventures. Your subconscious has no end to its creativity and weirdness. You can conjure up your own adventures or go along with what the dream creates for you.
3. You can experience what it is like to be different people. You can become anyone you want and live their lives. This is often a rather enlightening and interesting experience.
4. You can fulfill certain fantasies that you can’t in real life. Whether that involves other people or anything at all, you can live out these fantasies without real life consequences.
5. Self exploration is a fascinating aspect of lucid dreaming. You can interpret dreams while you are in them. Ask questions about yourself and ask for advice. Your subconscious mind is much more honest and much more powerful than your conscious mind. Often you can learn a lot about yourself by interacting with it.
6. Lucid dreaming can also be used in a creative sense. You can view paintings you can paint when awake, hear music you can write or even meet characters for your next story.
7. You can often find profound wisdom within dreams. There are some theories that state that the subconscious mind is connected with something a lot larger than just you. I have personally found this to be the case. You can delve very deep into yourself and beyond and get wise answers and advice.
8. Due to the lack of rules within dreams you can experience almost any concept. This could include something you are studying in school that has been tripping you up. You can use lucid dreams to interact with concepts and visualize them in a new and fascinating way. You can also experience spiritual concepts or learn about how your own mind works.
9. Lucid dreaming can teach you a lot about the subconscious itself. By exploring it and interacting with it you learn about a whole other aspect to your mind that you don’t often get to experience. This is enlightening in the fact that you can work with your subconscious rather than against it in your every day life.
10. The average person spends 1/3 of their lives sleeping. Reclaim those hours by taking up this night time hobby!